Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Descriptive essay: something I look forward to

One thing I am looking forward to is the third Pirates of the Caribbean movie. It might seem a little silly to you, but it will give me a lot of joy when I see the first preview. I will be very energetic and excited and eager. The movie will probably inspire me and it will make me feel kind of like I am one of them--someone on the high seas with a cutlass in my hand and ready to take on anything. I can imagine hearing the guns blast, the water spray on my face, the wind circling around me and being seasick. I will also feel the hard wood on the ship because it is kind of like a Spanish galleon. I imagine I would feel cold and my stomach might not feel so good. I also feel very lucky that I was born before these movies were made so I can see them all.

3 comments:

Mr. Jana said...

Thanks for sharing this Austin. I often look forward to the release of certain films, but not this one in particular. But can you point out the strong adjectives and verbs in your piece? What are some adjectives and verbs that might make it more descriptive?

Mr. J

Austin J said...

The strong adverbs I used were eager and energetic. Some of the strong adjectives I used were guns "blast," "Spanish" galleon, water "spray." Other adjectives or adverbs that I might have used are: "big, squared like sails made of sail cloth reflects the fibers on the rope" to describe the galleon.

Mr. Jana said...

Good, thanks for coming back to this.

Mr. J