Thursday, March 1, 2007

Pride

One time when I was making something out of foam, I didn't know that I was cutting into our carpet. I thought I was doing something good, but then in the end, I got in trouble because I cut the carpet. I was so busy feeling good about what I was making that I didn't care about what I was doing to part of my house. I know people do this often where they don't think about what is going on because they feel so good about something else. I felt very badly later when I realized that I had ruined the carpet my parents paid for. I tried to fix it and I was able to fix it in a way that you couldn't really see where it was cut, but still I wish I had not done this.

My pride is similar to Achilles. He thought he was doing something right, but in the end when he battles for the final time, he falls to an arrow in his heel and dies.

No comments: